Monday, July 19, 2010

It's Times Like These...


... where I run and hide in my basement and flip through old baseball cards while trying to remind myself that I still love baseball, and guys by the name of "Bill Hall" and "Kevin Cash" aren't the names that the ghosts of Fenway will be chanting when that places come crashing down in a few years.


Honestly though people, with every game lost while the majority of the team is the on the DL, it inches the team that much closer to being out of contention by the time Pedroia, Beckett, V-mart, etc, return from the infirmary, which means all of a sudden Patriots pre-season action starts looking better and better. Don't get me wrong, I don't want baseball to end. Hell, they've pretty much made it so there's only 3 months to the off-season already, but if this team is going to continue to put us all through the ringer I'd rather not even bother sweating out September. We've already heard Theo say he's not planning on shopping this deadline, and 6.5 games back and 3 out of the Wild Card makes me think that there's no reason to call his bluff on this one.

1 comment:

BBG said...

Take a break, Jon....get back to it when they come back from the west coast...can't stay up that late anyhow....