Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Straight outta short left field.

Dustin Pedroia, starting shortstop for The Boston Red Sox? ESPN is reporting Perdoia would be open to it.

"They've put it out there and I've told them I'm all for it. I can do it. I can't wait for Tito [Terry Francona] to call me and ask, 'Can you do it?' I can do it. I really want to do it."

Of course mighty mite is up for it, the guy would never turn down any kind of baseball opportunity. If it was V-Mart's day off and Tek got hurt I bet you'd see Pedroia putting on the shin pads before anyone else. Last year it was his whole thing of how he wanted to play all 162 games (he played 154) and now he's offering to move positions to help the team. Hope that makes Papelbon feel even worse when he starts b*tching about his arbitration offer in a few hours.

Not to mention this opens up a whole new can of worms with free agents and whatnot and it makes it quite possible that Marco Polo Scutaro won't be a Sox next year. Good stuff.

And the "short left field" thing was infact a knock on Pedroia's height. SS would now be "very short left field".

*Edit* - Just saw a quote from Dustin regarding playing short.

"Tell Jeter to enjoy the gold glove and silver slugger awards while he can."

That's our guy and I f*cking love it.

2 comments:

Educated Steve said...

I'd like royalties for the use of Marco Polo Scutaro. And by royalties I mean one of those delicious post-Thanksgiving turkey-stuffing-cranberry sauce sandwiches.

BBG said...

Jon, send Educated Steve a shirt, willya...