Friday, December 4, 2009

Scooooooooots

You can understand my disappointment when I thought The Sox were signing this guy (above) but it turns out they are signing Marco Scutaro, the baseball player, to a two year deal. This move reeks of desperation, just like every other SS free agent Theo has ever brought in. The positive here? My expectations are extremely low. I don't expect much out of Scoots so when he inevitably lets me down, I won't really be that upset. I'm sure I'll come around to the idea of him taking over the most haunted position on the team at some point but 'til then I'll be figuring out other ways the team can make a huge deal and bring my confidence level back above the miserable 2006 level it's currently hoovering at.

*Edit*
Ok. I've had a few minutes to cool down and catch my breath after waking up and finding out the Scoots news. Maybe this isn't the worst thing in the world. They HAD to find a SS and you might as well get one that is accustomed to the AL East and has some versatility in the fielding department. Arguably, Scooter is the best available right now, so instead of being all down I'll look at it that way. They got the best guy they could without giving up anything besides money. Money which grows on the Henry/Luchino money tree they had planted in the Fenway Park offices.

2 comments:

BBG said...

Treatment for plantar fasiitis...Conservative treatment is almost always successful, given enough time. Treatment can last from several months to 2 years before symptoms get better. Most patients will be better in 9 months. Hmmmmm....coming to the Red Sox...is this another cursed injury?

Jon said...

Sweet jesus I hope not. I'm finally coming around on the Scoot-train, he better not ruin it with a lame injury that sounds like it belongs in a garden.