Sunday, September 13, 2009

A win is a win


A 6 inning win is a 6 inning win too. Beckett looked ready to beat down the Rays all night but the mighty rain Gods only let it go 6. To make things even better, the deadly M's took care of the Rangers which makes the Sox 3 up in the honorable wild card race.

Is it just me, or does the wild card feel dirty? Obviously it worked some magic in 04, but after taking the division in '07 the WC feels, well, like 2nd best, which I guess it is. I know I shouldn't be complaining, but apparently I am. It was easier to accept the Rays taking the division, but now with the Yanks approaching a 100 win season (which the Sox haven't had since Teddy Ballgame) it just further drives home the point that the Sox are the 2nd best team out there and there's a good margin between the 2.

What would help me is 2 wins today and a tighter grab around the nuts of the WC. Yup, that will do alright by me.

No comments: