Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm Back... Possibly in Black

I'll admit it. This year I (we/The Cheese) have backed down. We crawled into our "bridge year" hole and didn't want to see the light of day. The injuries, the heart breaking losses, 'fun prevention', the signing of Marco Scutaro; my heart just hasn't been in it for a good portion of this season. However this morning I looked up and saw that The Yanks and The Rays were tied atop the AL East and Wild Card Standings and just 5.5 games ahead of The Sox. By my count there are 43 games left which is a little more than one-quarter of a season. The Sox play TB and NY a total of 12 more times with 6 of their last 10 games of the year being against the Spanks. Plenty of room to move some games around and shift some October golf plans back another month.

Tonight Dustin Pedroia is back in the lineup on what everyone knows isn't a fully healed foot. I take this as a sign. Stars are starting to align. A NY and TB slump (they play each other 6 times still) combined with Josh Beckett taking his own head and John Lackey's out of their collective asses and the return of the worlds biggest spark plug (aka Pedroia, he's gotta the worlds biggest something) could lead to some pretty serious happenings around here. Vegas and the rest of the gambling world has the odds against the Sox even making the playoffs. I know this isn't 2004 but God damnit this last month of the season could finally be something to rally around here. I'm in! Fire up the Rocky music and someone find the janitor from Rudy because I want to be so motivated that I got this sh*t pouring out my nose. Tonight, it starts.

No comments: