Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Who Was That and What Did You Do With My Daisuke?


On second thought, never mind. I don't want to know what happened to the Daisuke of old, I just want this new one to stick around for, oh, another 2 years. Without consulting with the Educated Cheese Stat department (A helper monkey sitting in front of a computer) I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Mr. Matsuzaka has never had a start where he hasn't issued a free pass. Add almost double digit K's to that performance and all of a sudden this looks like the guy the brain trust invested all the cash into and not the walking heart attacking inducing machine we've grown accustomed to lately.

Is it just me, or is anyone else kind of ticked that for the Celts ass kicking of the Cavs that all the stat headlines just show Lebron and his 15 points? If a team gets smacked around by 32 points, who gives a sh*t about the bitchy super star who went 2-14 on the losing side? Every member of the Celtics starting 5 except for Perk had a more impressive line than Lebron. I'm sure I'm blind to the Pierce/Garnett/Allen unwarranted love that they receive a lot of the time, but this one just got to me.

Also, doesn't Eck's HOF plaque picture kind of look like Gary Busey? And by kind of I mean I'll never be able to look at Eck the same again... again.

No comments: