Friday, April 9, 2010

I hope we don't get Greinked.


Right now it looks like Saturday will line up The Sox new $70 Million dollar man, Josh Beckett, against THE Zack Greinke. Grenks has only been around since 08, and everyone knows about the crazy stats he put up last year, but in case you didn't know, the guy has some said crazy funny things along the way. We profiled (sounds serious) Greinke last year and with the Royals coming up again, let's take another look at some of those infamous Greinke quips:

I'd say the average person wouldn't eat a Chipotle burrito and still do his running, full speed, like me. That's why they call me special.

I could hit me if someone were on base. It wouldn't be easy, but I could do it. If no one were on base, I wouldn't care as much, so I could get me out

There will definitely be flying cars, but whether there’ll be flying cars for most people to use, it’ll probably take a long time to straighten everything out, all the rules and hassles. It’ll take a while to figure out how to keep people from crashing into each other

"Soria, you runnin' today? You're goin' down then. I'm gonna so much faster than you, you're going to be eating my dust." "I was going to race Soria but he backed down. He said he's too tight today. He's not ready for a real challenge."

Oh, and that woman up there, that's his girlfriend. Grenks lives a tough life.