Friday, January 22, 2010

My own little Fenway


It was bad enough as a kid that we totally wrecked my mother's lawn with our wiffle ball antics by laying down sand for our foul lines and batters boxes by scooping out the neighbors sandbox, but I think I pushed her too far when I went and bought a gallon of green paint and offered to paint her garage "Fenway Green" so we'd have our own little Green Monster in the front yard. Needless to say, a single green wall on a white garage wasn't my dear old Mom's idea of bumping up the re-sale value.

Now that I'm a little older and slightly wiser (debatable) I was thinking of approaching her with the idea of re-seeding her lawn with this sweet Fenway Grass seed to again make the front yard seem more Yawkey-ish. Of course over the last 20 years some trees have grown, the house and garage have been painted (not green) and there's a flower bed where first base used to be so it won't have the same feel like it once did but you can't ignore the fact that there's still no grass where the right handed batter's box was. That's a sign that this needs to happen. That or my mom still takes fools out in wiffle ball in the front yard. Who knows?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the way, use Bluetooth blocker to jam all spy transmitters in your room or at work.

Jon said...

If they've already infiltrated my room I'm all but sitting in jail. Thanks for the tip though.

BBG said...

LOL...