Monday, October 12, 2009

I'll bring up the positive

While yesterday sucked something serious, it doesn't sting nearly as much as '03. Yup, that's my positive. Yes it sucks, but it's not as bad as we've seen before. I'd rather see them lose in the first round via la sweep instead of going to the next round and totally breaking our hearts, or in this case even winning one game and giving us any chance of sniffing the ALCS.

The one thing I don't agree with is everyone saying "this team wasn't built to win" or something to that extent. The playoffs are all about who gets hot at the right time and until Jonny Paps came around last night there was a glimmer of hope with the offense actually showing a pulse.

I'll change that frame of mind in about 2 days.

As for The Cheese, we'll be here all winter. We'll cover the playoffs, trades, or whatever. And when I say 'cover', I mean make fun of everything and offer very little baseball insight.

The way I always like to think about it that now we root for the Angels. It hurts, yes, but you always want to be beat by the best. I still don't like the stupid Rally Monkey and I won't openly show enthusiasm for Torii Hunter, but if they win then TECHNICALLY the Sox were the 2nd or 3rd best team in the AL.

1 comment:

BBG said...

You know, you're absolutely right! It's better they go now, then to be beaten up by the Yankees. I just couldn't live with that "glimmer of hope" you spoke about.

Glad to hear the Cheese will be around all winter. I love the groans you give me....