Monday, July 27, 2009

Back in Black

The rest and relaxation is over and I'm back in The States and easing myself back into the grind that is life. For those of you that haven't been to a foreign country and inside an all inclusive resort, it is damn hard to keep up with the rest of the world (namely Red Sox Nation) when there is an endless supply of booze, ice cream and cabanas a mere 10 feet from your own private pool. It only gets harder when you only get ESPN Deportes on TV and your Spanish consists of phrases from the movies Dodgeball and Goonies.

So, Lugo got traded, all of a sudden there is a triefcta of first and 3rd basemen in the lineup and after the All-Star break the Sox are stinking up the joint? All of this is news to me. Adam Laroche? What the hell happened. All I know is I got in landed late this afternoon and literally walked in the door, popped a Sam Summer and put the tube on NESN and fell into a deep Eck coma that has been a week in the making. I lied, I also know that now that I am back in my rightful country the Sox are winning and I think someone (me) has a little something to do with it.

Also, while on the 'moon in the DR I found the Sox some pretty sweet prospects. Full report to come soon...

1 comment:

Educated Steve said...

welcome back. i have no idea how you fit this Caribbean weather in your suitcase, but well done. thank you for bringing it to Boston.